I was sent an interested email the other day from a company called Hire On-Demand which is a recruiting firm for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) companies. It was a pretty good bit of information related to salesforce.com admins so I thought it was worth posting here.
Given the current climate, many companies are focused on maximizing their existing resources. Salesforce.com Administrators often times play an instrumental role in boosting company productivity and increasing the bottom line. Based upon daily interactions with Salesforce customers over the past few years, below are several tangible ways Admins are making a difference:
1. Sales Efficiency Salesforce Admins often serve as a Business Analyst, interfacing with key business units and understanding their processes. The Admin knows how to translate these processes, particularly as they evolve, into Salesforce. Results can include capturing, routing and tracking all incoming leads and ensuring cross-functional teams interact seamlessly. For example, many companies are currently asking their Customer Support reps to identify new revenue opportunities. An Admin, serving as a liaison between the two groups, ensures all leads identified by Support are properly captured in Salesforce and automatically routed to the appropriate Sales Reps. Lead follow-up and pipeline are tracked in real-time analytics resulting in a closed-loop process.
2. Delivering Analytics Data analytics are often times the driver for key business decisions and strategic direction. Understanding both the business and Salesforce functionality, Admins deliver key metrics to management via customized reports and dashboards. They can create real-time reports and period snapshots for valuable metrics to include: best selling products, top producers, stalled opportunities, lead follow up and marketing ROI.
3. Cost-Effective Marketing Salesforce’s mass-email functionality offers companies a cost-efficient way to reach prospects and existing customers. If your company has the Campaigns functionality, your Admin can create HTML emails, pull the correct target audience and track ROI. Many Admins are also familiar with various Marketing applications on the AppExchange, which offer additional functionality such as tracking customer click-throughs and managing bounce backs.
4. Boost User Adoption As the Salesforce champion, your Admin generates enthusiasm within the user community, resulting in higher adoption and ultimately accurate metrics for management.
5. Subject Matter Expert Salesforce Admins typically serve as the â€œgo-toâ€ for questions related to the application and also train new users. The result is consistent use, accurate data and again accurate metrics.
6. Monitoring New Solutions Salesforce.comâ€™s AppExchange is constantly adding new applications which add value to and seamlessly integrate with Salesforce. Admins monitor these new options (including many free apps) to improve production and visibility.
7. Control Spending An Admin monitors the current number of active salesforce users compared to total licenses purchased, to ensure your company is not paying for any additional unnecessary licenses.
As you can see, there are a number of ways Salesforce Admins contribute directly to revenue production and cost-savings. Hopefully the above may have triggered some ideas to use within your own organization. To hear how companies in your particular industry are leveraging their Admins, feel free to contact us to learn more.
Popularity: 77% [?]